Cilantro-Lime Quinoa Salad
Double or triple the recipe – it’s a crowd pleaser!
Makes 6 servings
For The Salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh, grilled or frozen organic sweet corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans (mixed with: 1/8 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp chili powder, 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 4 Tbsps fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup, or raw honey
- 2 tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil
In a medium sauce-pan over low heat, gently warm the black beans stirring in the seasonings.
Add corn, stir to warm, remove from heat.
Prepare vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients until well combined.
Gently toss all salad ingredients together in large glass bowl.
Toss with vinaigrette immediately before serving.
Serve warm, room temp, or chilled.