Creamy noodly goodness…packed with nutrition.
Made WITHOUT using any DAIRY or GRAINS!
Use coconut cream + almond flour in place of the traditional heavy cream & flour!
- 1 1/2 lbs raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 small yellow squash, or zucchini, sliced into noodles using a Spiralizer
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Salt and pepper the shrimp. Place shrimp the in the hot skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until translucent.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil then add garlic, onions, mushrooms. Saute until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Add broth & cream. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium-low heat. Add flour, and whisk briskly until incorporated. Add spinach, and raw squash noodles & let the sauce gently bubble for about 3 minutes. Add cooked shrimp back into the pan along with all of the pre-cooked veggies.
- Combine gently, cover and let rest (with the heat off for about 4-5 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, and/ or parmesan cheese.