I took my favorite meatloaf recipe & made it crockpot friendly – you have got to try this week!
Clean Comfort Food for Dinner!
- 6-7 bell peppers (use your favorite colors, depending on size, and how many will fit in your crockpot)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean grass-fed ground beef or turkey
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp regular mustard
- 1/4 cup no-sugar added organic ketchup
- Cut tops off of 6-7 bell peppers. Discard seeds, leaving nice pepper cups.
Arrange tightly, cup side up in crock pot. (I diced the tops to use as stuffing.)
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, celery, bell pepper, milk, and oats. Season with garlic, salt and pepper to your personal taste.
- Combine meat mixture very well – get your hands in there! 🙂
- Stuff meatloaf mixture into the peppers.
- In a separate small bowl, combine mustard and ketchup. Whisk well and spread over the meatloaf tops.
- Cook in your crockpot on low for about 6-7 hours. (High for 4-5 hours)
OR Bake at 400 degrees f for 1 hour.