Crockpot or Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken 🌱
Creamy Dreamy Goodness!
This is Real Comfort Food at its finest.
Many positive reviews have poured in since I first shared this recipe on social media – you better try it soon!
I served this over quinoa, and alongside our Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.
…my teenagers honestly licked their plates clean.
Crockpot AND Instant Pot Instructions below.
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 Tbsps unrefined coconut oil, or ghee
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
➡️Slow Cooker Instructions:
Heat your coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Add in the chicken to the pan and season with sea salt and pepper.
Sear until nicely golden brown on both sides. Roughly break the chicken into large chunks and add it into the crockpot.
In a small bowl whisk the broth and flour together really well, and pour it into the skillet where you cooked your chicken.
Place the skillet back over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer to deglaze, stirring constantly.
Once this sauce thickens, transfer it to your crockpot, using a good spatula to make sure you get all of it.
In a mixing bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except for the spinach.
Pour this mixture over the chicken and stir well to combine everything.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or on HIGH for 1.5-2 hours.
Once the chicken is done, add in your fresh spinach and stir until wilted.
Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.