I recreated one of our most popular recipes…these lil’ energy balls!
There is a bit less nut butter in this recipe – a bit more Pumpkin + Pumpkin seeds!
A GREAT after school snack or even breakfast option on busy mornings. Enjoy!
Makes about 40 Balls
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal (I used gluten-free thick cut oats)
- 15 oz. all-natural Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup all-natural Peanut butter, or Almond butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut, OR ground flax seeds (if โdoughโ seems too wet, then I add more, if itโs too dry, add lessโฆstart with a smaller quantity)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. You could use dark chocolate/cacao pieces, or just skip the chocolate if you wish.
- Though-roughly combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into balls of about 1โณ in diameter (mine were a bit larger).
- I use a cookie scoop to get a nice even ball.
- Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour. Store in an airtight container and keep frozen for 2 weeks, or refrigerated for up to 1 week.