These make mornings FUN, take 15 minutes to prepare…and you can make them your own by adding YOUR favorite toppings. ????????????
- 1-2 red, green, orange, or red bell peppers, & a large red onion
- whole eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Red pepper flakes to taste.
- optional toppings: fresh dill, fresh parsley, fresh chives, smoked salmon, crumbled nitrate-free bacon, and/or sliced red onion.
- Slice the bell peppers, and onions into 1/2, to 3/4 inch rings. Use a sharp knife to make clean cuts (to better hold the egg in place). Remove all of the the white inner flesh and seeds.
- Heat a large skillet to a nice medium heat and coat with a few drops avocado, olive, or coconut oil.
- Let the pan heat up before adding the rings.
- Place the veggie rings in the middle of the pan. Allow the rings to cook and brown lightly before adding the egg, maybe a minute or two. Turn the rings over a few times so both sides cook evenly.
- Very gently crack one egg into the middle of each ring.
- Cook over med-low heat until yolks firm and egg whites harden and are no long translucent.
- Add optional toppings at the last minute.
- Spray the bottom of your spatula with non-stick coconut oil spray. Slide it underneath pepper ring.
- Lift carefully from the skillet and onto your plate.