This skillet is a full meal ready pretty darn fast…and it will make everyone Happy!!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 Tbsps avocado, or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red or green chiles, chopped (or adjust to your own taste)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can, or fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Fresh cilantro or parsley as garnish
- Grated cheese if desired
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot add the diced onion, peppers, carrot and cook for about 5 minutes until it softens.
- Add in the ground turkey, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, chili and cook until the meat is almost cooked through (about 12 minutes), breaking it up into crumbles with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in the black beans, diced tomatoes and quinoa, stirring until everything is combined.
- When the mixture starts to bubble add in the stock, cover the skillet with a lid and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked, it should still have a slight bite to it, but not be hard and crunchy.
- Serve as is and top with your favorite herbs.