Yes Please!!! Fast, easy, and satisfying is the name of our game this month.
Leaving more time for what is truly important ????????
Make this a complete meal by serving in lettuce leaves, wrap-style.
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1lb ground beef, grass feed if possible
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups red kidney, OR black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 2.5 cups fresh, diced organic tomatoes
- 1/2 cup high quality grated colby-jack cheese (optional)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- fresh chopped cilantro leaves, or parsley
- 1 red chili, finely sliced
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add beef and cook until browned, for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the meat with paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt to taste and stir in the chopped tomatoes and beans. Reduce the heat to low and cook for approx 15 mins.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and cover with a tight lid. Cook for about 5 more minutes, until all the cheese is melted.
- Remove the lid, top with green onion, avocado slices and chili.