Who wants some?🙌
GREAT for a crowd – Excellent for Food Prep – pick & choose your own fave toppings – perfectly balanced meal!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 corn on cob, cooked, kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I added the juice of a fresh lime + chopped cilantro leaves to the rice)
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil or coconut oil
- 4, 4-5 oz skinless, cod or halibut filets
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup prepared black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red cabbage sliced very thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced (I roasted mine)
- 1 cup grape, or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh lime wedges, and fresh cilantro to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over med/high heat, pat dry fish with paper towel, then season with a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- Cook fish for about 4-5 minutes per side, until flakes easily. Cover tightly or wrap in foil while assembling the salads.
- Divide all ingredients evenly between 4 large bowls, adding warm fish last.
- I made a homemade Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette to drizzle over these bowls:
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
2 Tbsp per person is one serving.
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pulse the jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, and ginger into a food processor or blender for a few minutes.
- Pour in lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, & sea salt, add the cilantro. Pulse a few more times to thoroughly blend.
- With the food processor or blender on, drizzle in the oil until incorporated.
- Lasts 1 week, refrigerated in a sealed jar.