Jump to recipe
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup (Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker & Stovetop Instructions too)
So SO GOOD! You likely have all the ingredients on hand. I love throwing inexpensive (but nutritious!) frozen veggies into my soup because I don’t have to wash them or chop them up… one less step!
Soup helps stretch the family dinner budget while filling up those bellies with fresh, nutritious, whole-food ingredients you carefully choose yourself.
This soup tastes even better the next day and also freezes very well. So right after dinner, dish up your lunch containers for tomorrow and stash them in the fridge, then freeze the rest for the next time you’re craving this DELICIOUS soup!
Highly suggest trying this with Bison too!
Bison can be a nutritious alternative to beef, as it contains more omega 3 fatty acids.
Bison tends to be leaner than beef, too …. and it’s an excellent source of protein, B vitamins, and iron.
Plus, it contains the antioxidant selenium, and zinc, which helps your body heal. Use bison the same way you would use beef.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef or bison
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 cup carrots, diced small
- 6 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups small diced sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large red or orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jar (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, with juice1 bay leaf