Jump to recipe
Rachel’s Easy Pork Carnitas 🔥 (Oven, Slow cooker, and Instant Pot Instructions)
Tender slow-roasted pork is shredded & crisped up during those last few minutes under the broiler to give it that delicious flavor and texture that we ABSOLUTELY CRAVE – then piled high on top are all our favorite fixings to create the ultimate meal!
These types of dinners go over REALLY well with my large crew because they get to choose all of their own toppings and create something they’ll actually enjoy! I like to set out lots of different toppings on the counter buffet-style, and my job is done!
Make our Easy Pork Carnitas Recipe then add it to: tacos, salads, rice bowls, burritos, enchiladas, meal prep, quesadillas, nachos…
- 3 lbs pork butt or pork shoulder (bone-in or boneless works)
- 1/2 Tbsp freshly minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 Tbsps dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large fresh limes, juiced
- 1 large fresh orange, juiced
- tortillas, fresh cilantro, green onions, salsa, pickled red onion, cooked brown rice, black beans, jalapeno, chopped lettuce, cheese, extra lime wedges, etc.