Spicy Chipotle Quinoa
Flavorful vegetarian main-dish, or an incredibly tasty side…you will LOVE this quinoa!
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) diced fire roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 1.5 cups quinoa (dry)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 (15 oz) black beans, rinsed if canned
- 1 cup frozen organic corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
In a large skillet, heat oil on medium.
Add jalapeño and garlic, sauté for about a minute.
Then, add broth, tomatoes, uncooked quinoa, chipotle powder, paprika, onion powder, & cumin. Stir to combine, cover and bring to low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, on low, occasionally stirring, until quinoa is cooked.
You can add a splash more broth if necessary during quinoa cooking time. Then, add in black beans and corn. Stir to heat through. Top with cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, and sliced jalapeño peppers.