😈 Flavorful vegetarian main-dish, or an incredibly tasty side…you will LOVE this quinoa! 😈
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) diced fire roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 1.5 cups quinoa (dry)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 (15 oz) black beans, rinsed if canned
- 1 cup frozen organic corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Add jalapeño and garlic, sauté for about a minute.
- Then, add broth, tomatoes, uncooked quinoa, chipotle powder, paprika, onion powder, & cumin. Stir to combine, cover and bring to low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, on low, occasionally stirring, until quinoa is cooked.
- You can add a splash more broth if necessary during quinoa cooking time. Then, add in black beans and corn. Stir to heat through. Top with cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and sliced jalapeño peppers.