Jump to recipe
Lemon-Garlic Salmon Packets 🍋🌱🐟
A Savory and FUN meal idea with very little cleanup!
Consider getting the kids in the kitchen with you to assemble their own packets. Kids are more likely to try things when they get to help make it!
I love cooking fish in parchment packets because it comes out so tender and delicious! The garlic, herbs, and lemon zest steam right into the fish infusing it beautifully with so much flavor.
These lemon-garlic salmon packets are bursting with mouth-watering flavors and they are completely versatile! Use any fish or herbs you have on hand – they will come out great!
Did I mention clean-up is a breeze? Simply throw out your parchment paper and enjoy your evening!
- 1 Tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter, melted
- zest of 1 organic lemon or lime
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- a small handful of fresh cilantro, parsley, or basil, chopped
- 1/2 bunch young asparagus, ends snapped
- a few sliced pitted green or black olives
- 6 oz skinless salmon filet
- fresh lemon or lime slices
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees f.
In a small bowl, combine the melted ghee or butter with the lemon zest, garlic, and cilantro.
Cut a piece of parchment paper, into an 18×16 inch rectangle.
Arrange your asparagus and olives on half of the parchment paper.
Lay your salmon filet on top and baste with the butter mixture.
Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Top with fresh lemon or lime slices.
To finish the packets, fold the empty half of parchment paper over the salmon and vegetables and crimp the edges to seal them tightly as shown in the video.
Transfer your packets to a large sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is flaky.
Carefully cut open the packets as the hot steam may burn you!