One-Pan White Bean Chili
Fast! Perfect weeknight meal & tastes even better the next day!
Easiest, tastiest chili recipe!
Very interchangeable – add or remove the veggies to your preference.
This is a flavorful, traditional cold weather chili that I add zucchini & spinach (or anything I have on hand – throw it in!), for the nutrition.
My kids love the taste + I love that they are getting a serving of veggies!
You can also double the recipe for food prep! It freezes well!
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado, or olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- 1 18-20 oz jar of high quality salsa verde
- 2 cups fresh, diced tomatoes, OR 1 (16 ounce) jar/can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ears fresh corn, removed from cob (optional, I skipped the corn tonight)
- 1.5 lbs diced, COOKED chicken, or turkey (Can be ground, or shredded)
- 30 ounces white beans – which is two cans drained & rinsed, OR 4 cups home cooked.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat a large stock pot, or very large skillet over medium heat; add oil, and sauté zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in broth, salsa verde, tomatoes, chilies, and spices.
Bring to boil, then simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add spinach, corn, meat, and beans; simmer 15-20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Comment Below: