Crock-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Makes 4 servings
Crock Pot meals anyone?
There’s still time to throw this together today!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 3 tsps onion powder
- 3 tsps chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsps ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 1, 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1.5 cups prepared black beans
- 2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional) .
Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
Pour in broth, canned tomatoes, oil, and seasonings.
Cook on low for about 4 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
Turn temp to high and stir in rice and black beans.
Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
Use forks to shred chicken.
Add shredded chicken back in, cook for 15 minutes on high, or until chicken is hot.
Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, green onions, diced avocado or guacamole, top with cheese if desired.