Crock Pot meals anyone?
There’s still time to throw this together today! 🍅
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 3 tsps onion powder
- 3 tsps chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsps ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 1, 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1.5 cups prepared black beans
- 2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional) .
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Pour in broth, canned tomatoes, oil, and seasonings.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
- Turn temp to high and stir in rice and black beans.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Use forks to shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back in, cook for 15 minutes on high, or until chicken is hot.
- Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, green onions, diced avocado or guacamole, top with cheese if desired.👌