- 1.5 Tbsps avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice (I love to add A LOT of lemon! Adjust to your taste)
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 - 12 oz package chicken sausage (nitrate free), casing removed, & cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large bunches lacinato kale, ribs removed and sliced into strips
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and begin to caramelize onions, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and cook onions to golden brown, about 5 additional minutes.
- Turn heat back up to medium-high, toss in sausage and cook until browned on all sides and hot throughout.
- Two minutes before sausage is finished cooking add sliced kale, and toss to cook.
- Serve immediately with additional lemon slices.
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com