Jump to recipe
Chicken + Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Tasty Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite meals especially when the weather is hot, and appetites are a bit lighter.
These babies are incredibly flavorful & satisfying, thanks to all the veggies and high-quality protein.
I love to set a big pan of this out on the patio alongside the lettuce leaves, then allow everyone to build their own wraps while we chat about our day.
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and very small diced
- 3 crisp celery ribs, diced
- 8 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, diced
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsps coconut aminos liquid, tamari, Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsps hot sauce of choice, optional
- 3 Tbsps hot water, to thin
Serve and garnish:
- 2 heads butter lettuce, rinse and air dry
- 4 Tbsps peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, celery, and mushrooms then sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Add in the ground chicken mincing it with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
Push everything over to one side of the skillet then stir in the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes in the open area of your skillet, or until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Lightly sea salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir everything together once your shrimp are nicely browned on each side.
Meanwhile, in a small jar or bowl, add all of your sauce ingredients and whisk really to combine.
Drizzle your sauce over your chicken and shrimp mixture then stir fry for 1 minute more, or until the sauce nicely coats all of the ingredients.
To assemble your lettuce wraps, take spoonfuls of the chicken-shrimp mixture and load each lettuce wrap.
I like to double up my lettuce leaves so they are sturdier.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.