You need to!
Have you tried Cauliflower Rice?
You need to!
Make it with or without the shrimp! Delicious!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined-tails on
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive, avocado, or coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower (riced)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 fresh lime, chopped into wedges, for garnish
Instructions to “rice” cauliflower:
- Cut cauliflower florets from core until you are left with just the core.
- Discard core and break up the florets into evenly sized pieces.
- Place florets in bowl of food processor in batches. Process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized. Or chop by hand with a sharp knife.
- Toss shrimp with smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- When oil is very hot add shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side, until pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside for a minute.
- Add diced onion to skillet and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic for another minute.
- Place cauliflower rice in the hot skillet with onion and garlic & toss while sauteing for another 6-7 minutes or so.
- I like the cauliflower rice still firm, golden, and crunchy from the saute pan.
- Add cilantro leaves, and cooked shrimp.
- Toss just to warm. Serve with fresh lime wedges.