Jump to recipe
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna
Hot-Melty-Cheesy weekend VIBES 🍅🌱🍅🌱
Homemade Zucchini Lasagna is the PERFECT weekend dinner idea! This recipe is EXTREMELY satisfying, and worth the extra effort.
Zucchini Lasagna gives you all the flavor you’re looking for while keeping things a bit lighter – exchanging zucchini for the typical lasagna pasta noodles.
💡 Did you know:
Zucchini has quite an impressive nutritional scoreboard – from high levels of potassium, B-vitamins, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, all which offer huge benefits to our overall health.
It’s shown that eating zucchini regularly in place of processed carbohydrates (such as pasta) can even help regulate our blood sugar levels, which can greatly benefit diabetics.
Eating zucchini several times each week, in place of processed carbs, can also help us with our weight loss & health goals.
Zucchini is extremely low in calories, but gives us the feeling of being full. Therefore, it is a great way to satisfy our appetites without grabbing lots of empty calories or carbs.
Use a mandolin to easily slice your zucchini evenly into full-length slices as shown.
Use YOUR favorite marinara sauce, because that’s where this dish gets a lot of its flavors!
When shopping for store-bought sauce:
I like to make sure the marinara has no added sugar. Tomatoes naturally contain sugar, but there shouldn’t be added sugar on the ingredients list.
Marinara sauce should contain just a few simple ingredients such as tomatoes, garlic and herbs.
- avocado oil spray
- 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground turkey, chicken, or lean beef
- 1 (15 ounce) jar organic marinara sauce, or crushed tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- large handful of fresh basil, chopped