Mini Caprese Skewers 🍅🌱
These lil’ babies are FUN, TASTY, and super SIMPLE to make year-round…but, OH SO PERFECT for a Christmastime platter!
Everyone LOVES food-on-a-stick😁
Mini Caprese skewers always go really fast, so be sure to make a bunch!
➡️ Rachel’s tips:
Since there are only a few simple ingredients used here, I really recommend using the absolute freshest, highest quality ingredients you can get your hands on…it makes all the difference.
Traditional prosciutto contains no added preservatives and the only ingredients are pork and salt.
Some cheaper prosciutto products do use nitrates as preservatives. If you want to avoid nitrates and preservatives then look for prosciutto which has a “PDO certification” or specifically says that no nitrates or preservatives are added.
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you’re using, because your caprese skewers will come out tasting very much like the oil that you use. Each olive oil has it’s own distinctive flavor, from very mild and buttery to an obvious peppery kick and everything in between.
makes about 10 servings
- 8 oz mini mozzarella balls or pearls
- 4 oz thinly sliced nitrate-free prosciutto
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes (different colors), halved
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves
- pitted olives of your choice (black, green or Kalamata)
- high quality extra virgin olive oil
- aged, thick, high quality balsamic vinegar
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-inch bamboo skewers