How to Build the PERFECT SALAD-IN-A-JAR with Homemade Lime Vinaigrette
How awesome would it be to start your week KNOWING you have a delicious, healthy lunch prepared for the next few days!?!
Salad-Jars to the rescue!
The secret to a perfect and tasty Mason jar salad is all in the order of assembly!
Dressing always goes on the bottom of the jar.
The dressing goes in first.
This is very important!
This guarantees that your salad veggies don’t get soggy.
Next add a grain, and/or a protein.
This protects your more delicate greens from the moisture.
Then the fun stuff! Little things like nuts, seeds, or feta cheese.
Leafy greens-they always go in last…on top!
Salad Jars will stay fresh in the fridge for 4-5 days if:
- The jar itself is completely dry.
- The vegetables, especially the leafy greens are completely dry when assembling.
- Fold a paper towel and place it in the very top of the jar before sealing. This really helps with the moisture inside the jars and prolongs freshness.
- Keep refrigerated with a tightly sealed lid.
Where to purchase wide mouth mason jars?
I always use WIDE mouth quart sized glass jars. I found a 12 pack at my local grocery store for $10. I also LOVE Amazon.com for fast-easy delivery, and an AWESOME selection of these jars!
Checkout the CFC pantry for convenient amazon links to the jars.
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Whisk & pour into jar.
Order for a delicious fresh Lime Salad:
From the Bottom-up:
- Lime Vinaigrette dressing found above
- Diced Red Onion
- Diced Peppers (any type)
- Protein source: (Chicken, Salmon, Shrimp, Beans or Nuts)
- Diced Tomato (grape or cherry tomatoes actually work best because they have lower moisture content. Consider this if you need the jars to last for several days)
- Add your Favorite Salad Greens
- Diced Avocado squeezed with fresh lime (avocado will last 1 day-max, consider adding last minute for best results)
Seal tightly, shake to combine ingredients immediately before serving
These instructions come from the MealPrep ebook found in my CleanFoodLove bundle.
Get the details and order today at http://CleanFoodLove.com
Leave a Comment Below:
Tags: Beans, Chicken, clean food, Diced Avocado, Diced Peppers, Diced Red Onion, Favorite Greens, Homemade Lime Vinaigrette, lunch ideas, nuts, Protein, salad, salad in a jar recipe, salad jar, salads, Salmon, shrimp, Tomato