Simple Spaghetti Squash Skillet
Have you tried Spaghetti Squash yet?
Don’t let it intimidate—it’s way simpler than it may seem.
This was really delicious tonight!
For the spaghetti squash Prep:
- Cut a medium spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Very lightly coat the inside with olive oil.
- Bake @375 degrees f skin side up, on a flat sheet pan for about 45 minutes.
- Cool just a bit
- Use a fork to shred “spaghetti” out of the skin.
- Use paper towels to soak up moisture just a bit.
For the Skillet:
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground Beef (grass fed, if possible) or lean ground Turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans organic diced tomatoes, OR 3 cups FRESH diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkling of all-natural parmesan cheese (optional, omit for dairy-free)
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble in meat and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, set cooked meat aside.
Heat olive oil in skillet, once hot and add onion and green peppers and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes, adding in garlic & mushrooms during last 30 seconds of sautéing.
Pour in diced tomatoes, and sauce. Stir in fresh parsley, the basil, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring just to a gentle boil then add cooked spaghetti squash noodles and cooked meat, stir and submerge noodles in liquid, then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes until heated through.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and a touch of parmesan, serve warm.
Leave a Comment Below:
Related Posts :
Tags: healthy spaghetti squash recipes, how to make spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash casserole recipes, spaghetti squash casserole recipes healthy, spaghetti squash recipes, spaghetti squash recipes healthy, spaghetti squash recipes low calorie, spaghetti squash recipes paleo, squash, squash recipes