Real Comment Left on the CFC Facebook page – “Made these for lunch the other day and they were FANTASTIC…never go wrong with one of Rachel’s recipes!!’ – Amanda
I was CRAVING lasagna tonight, but decided to use THIS recipe instead…Italian stuffed zucchini did the trick!
Sometimes I sprinkle with a little parmigiano or mozzarella cheese, simply because we don’t eat cheese often..maybe 3x per month.
15 minutes prep
15 minutes bake time
Makes 6 boats
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of flesh scooped out. Sometimes I brush zucchini flesh lightly with extra virgin olive oil, & sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 1 lb lean ground meat, browned, & drained well(season with sea salt and pepper, and cook a diced onion, & 3 diced stalks of celery with the meat.)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced tiny
- 4 mushrooms diced small
- 1-24 oz glass jar of all-natural Marinara sauce. (look for lowest sugar content, & minimal ingredients)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 Tbs dried or freeze dried Italian herb blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients (besides zucchini) in a large bowl, gently, until combined well.
- Scoop mixture into zucchini halves.
- Place zucchini boats on a flat sheet pan. (I first lined pan with parchment)
- Bake in your preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until hot throughout.
- If topping with cheese; do so during the last 4 minutes of cook time.
- These would also be great on the grill!