Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Delicious, Ready in 15 minutes, and Party Perfect!
Seriously, I threw these together in under 20 minutes for unexpected Friday Night Guests…including a few kids!
Serves 6 as a light meal or 8-10 as an appetizer
- 16 ounces ground turkey, or chicken
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thin on a diagonal
- 2 tsp avocado, or coconut oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 6-ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsps Coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard or spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 12-14 large fresh lettuce (of choice) leaves
- Shredded carrots
- Fresh bean sprouts
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Brown turkey, and celery in the oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms, scallions, garlic and water chestnuts, and cook just 2-3 more minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the aminos, honey and vinegar, pour over the cooked turkey and sauté 1 additional minute.
For the sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together the aminos, vinegar, honey, mustard, Sriracha, and 4 Tbsps. of water.
Serve the turkey spooned into the lettuce leaves, drizzle sauce and fresh garnishes of choice, on top!
Wonderful for SIMPLE parties!