Dinner’s ready in under 30 minutes, and ohhhh SO GOOD!
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp fresh pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, bell peppers, and saute another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground turkey and seasonings. Cook while breaking up the meat, and stirring until nicely brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce and quinoa. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to med-low and simmer, covered with a tight lid, for 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Add a few Tbsps more liquid if needed during cooking.
- To make this in the crock pot: brown the onions and turkey meat in a pan with a little oil. Then add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.