Jump to recipe
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowls
An anytime-of-day Protein Packed Bowl…because “breakfast food” is AWESOME anytime!
What meal of the day would you eat this bowl?
Seems like I go through times where I make and eat LOTS of bowls such as this one…
I get on a little kick of creating and enjoying them often…then I’ll forget about them for a bit.
Bowls are great for when you don’t know what to make or want to prep a few meals ahead of time.
Experiment with your own combos!
Pick an option from each category:
Step 1 Protein:
- chicken, turkey, fish, tempeh, tofu, edamame, OR eggs cooked with 1 tsp HEALTHY oil.
Step 2 Grain: (can be left out for grain free, or to make a lower carb meal)
- 1/2c quinoa, brown rice or diced, cooked sweet potato.
Step 3 Greens:
- 1c kale, baby spinach, rocket, arugula, mixed, romaine, or other leafy greens
Step 4 Veggies:
- 1c roasted, steamed or raw veggies
Step 5 Beans: (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons
your choice of cooked/rinsed if you’re using canned beans
Step 6 Fat:
- avocado, feta cheese, hummus, or homemade dressing (from our CFC dressing guide). Unlimited fresh lime, lemon juice, or vinegar.
Makes about 1 serving
- 1-2 eggs
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 1 Persian cucumber or 1/2 English cucumber, cut into large matchsticks
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup or more, rocket salad, arugula, or other greens of choice
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp avocado or olive oil, divided
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- 1 tsp chopped chives