- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large ripe avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled cheese of choice, such as parmesan, cotija, or feta
- 4 thin slices of nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a pan with about 2 inches deep with water and bring it to a steady gentle simmer.
- Add in the vinegar and once simmering use a wooden spoon to make a twirl into the water.
- Gently tip the egg into the water. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with a fork and squeeze fresh lemon juice over to keep it green and fresh. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Divide the quinoa among 4 meal prep containers, then top each bowl with equal amounts of: cherry tomatoes, mashed avocado, poached egg, crumbled cheese and crispy crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices, fresh ground black pepper and chili flakes, then sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Enjoy immediately, OR; seal and refrigerate for up to 3 days for food prep.
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com