Jump to recipe
Chickpea Chopped Salad
We completely adore chopped veggie salads. That’s quite obvious because we sure have a lot of them here on the CFC website.
If you’re looking for a simple dish to bring to that Get-together that’ll delight the taste buds: this is a good one.
🥒 When the produce is fresh, inexpensive, and at its peak flavor throughout the Summer… you’ll likely find a chopped veggie salad on our dinner table each evening.
🔪 Do you like chopping veggies?
I’ve always found it to be very meditative for me. Chopping veggies forces me to slow down, calm down, and be present. It’s strangely soothing while the finished result always makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment that my family will be eating all those beautifully prepared fresh vegetables.
🇬🇷Feta is Greece’s most famous cheese (and my favorite!) Many say it’s also the healthiest.
🐐 Usually made from sheep or goat milk (or a combo), Feta cheese is nutrient-rich. Feta is said to be easier to digest and less allergenic and inflammatory than cheeses made from cow’s milk, which makes it a good option.
➡️ A few more of our favorite chopped salads:
For The Salad:
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 garden cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
For The Dressing:
- 3 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsps red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Start by preparing all of your fresh veggies. Chop the bell peppers, dice the onion and cucumbers, halve the tomatoes, and finely chop the parsley.
Rinse and drain your chickpeas.
In a large serving bowl add all of your prepared ingredients.
In a small jar add all the dressing ingredients and vigorously shake to combine, or whisk ingredients really well in a small bowl.
Pour this dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle your salad with crumbled feta if desired and enjoy!
Stays good in the fridge for 2-3 days.