Only 15 minutes to a delicious Family Dinner!
- 2 tsp avocado, or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pound ground turkey, or grass fed beef
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium pinto, OR kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups prepared, low-sugar chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Ezekiel, or sprouted grain tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsps colby jack, all-natural shredded cheese
- diced avocado
- diced tomato
- Greek yogurt
- green onions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high and add onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turkey, cook until nicely brown. Drain grease.
- Add the seasonings, stirring to combine with the meat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the beans, salsa, and water, stirring together and cooking at a low simmer for 4 minutes.
- Gently stir in the tortilla strips, and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese over the top.
- Garnish with avocado, tomato, and green onions.