Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry
aka what to do with all that Garden Zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce, coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos, divided
- 2 tsp potato starch, or cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive, avocado, or coconut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1-1.5 lb fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined-tails on
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1.5 cups snow peas
- 1-2 large carrots, spiralized
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (CleanFoodCrush.com/Spiralizer to make the noodles)
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, 1 Tbsp of the soy sauce and starch. Set aside.
Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil and and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the shrimp & remaining soy sauce to the pan and cook, stirring as needed, until cooked through and pink, about 3-4 minutes. Season the shrimp lightly with sea salt and pepper and then transfer to a plate, leaving any liquid in the pan.
With the pan on medium, add the remaining oil, then add the bell pepper, red onions, carrots and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes until the vegetables are crisp but tender. Add the prepared sauce mix and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the cooked shrimp back to the pan, stirring to combine, then add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing to coat, for 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds & serve immediately.