I believe in tacos.
I believe avocado & fresh salsa make the world a happier place.
I believe dinner should be colorful, and SIMPLE.
Makes 6 halves
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 lb. ground meat of choice (I used grass-fed beef tonight)
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- Homemade taco seasoning:
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
(Combine spices well, you will only use about half of this mix per pound of meat, or to taste)
Fresh taco toppings of choice:
- diced tomatoes
- fresh pico
- a touch of natural cheese (optional)
- Halve avocados, brush with fresh lime juice, sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Brown meat with the onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once cooked through, drain well.
- Add homemade taco seasoning (I add a sprinkle at a time, and taste test until it’s right) and 1 Tbsp hot water.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes until flavors combine.
- Scoop hot meat into avocados.
Allow each person to top their Avo-Taco as they wish. đź‘Ś