Oh man! wasn’t going to post this tonight…but I HAVE to share!
Tonight’s Dinner: Kale Salad with Lime dressing, Grilled Pineapple, and no-refined sugar BBQ sauce Chicken Tenders!
I have a few TRICKS for you!
➡For the fresh Kale:
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
Place all of your salad dressing ingredients together in a mason jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake until the dressing has completely come together. Pour the dressing over your salad and work it into the Kale leaves. Use your hands if necessary. Set the salad aside.
➡For the Red Onion:
Slice thin, and let slices sit in fresh lemon/lime juice while you are preparing the salad…it calms the onion flavor down, and almost gives it a pickled flavor.
➡No-refined sugar BBQ sauce recipe:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- Sea salt &pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
- Heat oil in saucepan, over medium-high. Add onion and 1 tsp salt, cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and tomato paste.
- Cook another 2 minutes.
- Whisk in water, syrup, vinegar, and mustard.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for another 30 minutes.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool. Store, sealed in refrigerator for up to 1 week.