Massaging raw kale transforms it from a tough, bitter leaf into a sweet, delicate, and delicious salad.
- 2 large bunches curly kale, de-stemmed and torn or chopped into pieces, about 12 cups
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Instructions to Prep Kale:
- Add the kale to a large glass bowl along with the salt and lemon juice.
- ‘Massage’ (think of the motion used to rub someone’s shoulders…get your hands in there!) kale for 4-5 minutes, or until leaves are sweet and tender.
- Add the olive oil and give one more quick ‘massage.”
Greek Kale Salad Goodies for a crowd:
- English Cucumber, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta or Goat cheese crumbles
- Garbanzo beans (rinsed well)
- Kalamata Olives
- Golden Greek Peperoncini
Simple Greek Dressing Ingredients:
Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients until combined.
- Toss salad ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing.