The PERFECT Wintertime meal, made Easier than you might think!
Your house will smell incredible while it’s cooking!
Serves about 4
- 1 free range whole chicken
- 10 oz organic baby potatoes, cut in halves
- 10 oz farm carrots, chopped in big pieces
- 6 oz parsnips, chopped in big pieces
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 Tbsps ginger powder
- 1 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken, then place it all in a large resealable bag. Marinate chicken in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Place the chicken with all the marinade juices in a roasting tray together with potatoes, carrots, parsnip, and fresh rosemary sprigs. Roast for 1.30 to 2 hours or until the thigh juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
- When the chicken is done, place it in a new dish, cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.