Roasted Cauliflower + Carmelized Onions
A last minute holiday side dish.
Simple prep – Easy to make – Guests will ask for this recipe – Keep your family HEALTHY during the holidays! That’s what we do here!
Makes 6-8 servings:
- 2 tsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 cups bite size cauliflower florets
- 4 Tbsps olive, avocado, or melted unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- fresh flat-leaf parsley,
- chopped fresh chives,
- fresh grated Parmigiano cheese, or
- fresh lemon zest
Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; sauté about 5-6 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring often. Remove from heat.
In large glass bowl, toss cauliflower, remaining oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Add onion mixture, lightly toss.
Place mixture on a flat sheet pan coated lightly with cooking spray.
Bake at 500° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. I like to make sure some edges are cooked nice and crispy.
Sprinkle with your favorite fresh garnish choice from above.