A last minute holiday side dish.
Simple prep – Easy to make – Guests will ask for this recipe – Keep your family HEALTHY during the holidays! That’s what we do here!
- 2 tsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 cups bite size cauliflower florets
- 4 Tbsps olive, avocado, or melted unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- fresh flat-leaf parsley,
- chopped fresh chives,
- fresh grated Parmigiano cheese, or
- fresh lemon zest
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté about 5-6 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- In large glass bowl, toss cauliflower, remaining oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Add onion mixture, lightly toss.
- Place mixture on a flat sheet pan coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 500° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. I like to make sure some edges are cooked nice and crispy.
- Sprinkle with your favorite fresh garnish choice from above.