Chicken and Apple Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans
This salad was so delicious and fun to make!
A clean eating recipe you can share with the whole family.
Can you believe how gorgeous this is?
This salad works great as a party pleaser for gatherings too!
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 lb. free-range chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 organic red apple, cut into half, seeded and thinly sliced
- 12 oz baby spring mix leaves
- 3.5 oz fresh blue cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup small cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup no added sugar dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsps olive/avocado oil
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
Pat the chicken with 2 Tbsps oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place a pan over high heat and when is hot add the chicken. Pan fry for about 5-7 minutes, until all the bites are golden on the sides and fully cooked.
In a large bowl, stir in the salad leaves, tomatoes, cranberries, pecans, sliced apple, blue cheese and chicken.
For the Dressing:
Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top the salad with dressing right before serving.