Warm, delicious, veggie-packed dinner you’ll want to make all winter long!
This can be cooked in the oven or crock-pot, then served over brown rice, quinoa, or zucchini noodles
Makes 6 servings
- 6 chicken thighs, or breasts (bone-in for best flavor)
- 1×28 oz jar whole tomatoes, lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock/broth
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 6-8 garlic cloves, whole peeled
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Italian parsley, as garnish
Preheat oven to 375 f.
Heat a large oven-safe pot/skillet over medium. Add oil and the garlic cloves, cook until golden. Stir in the mushrooms and carrots. Stir, and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the chicken and sprinkle with the sea salt. Pour in the stock/broth and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add the bell peppers, onion, bay leaves, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cover.
Transfer to preheated oven, and let cook for about an hour – until chicken is falling off the bone, and tender.
Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a crock pot on low for 8 hours.
To serve, remove rosemary sprigs & bay leaves, then sprinkle with fresh Italian parsley, and serve over brown rice.