Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
If you need a recipe to impress this weekend…
Quinoa Chicken Parm will do the trick!
Gluten-free with all the flavor & cruch!
Healthified Chicken Parm with an optional Kick!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (evenly sized)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all natural shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup low-sugar organic marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. (I used avocado oil or olive oil spray)
In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
Stir Italian seasoning into cooked quinoa, set aside.
Season chicken with garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper, to taste.
Working in small batches, dredge chicken first in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing slightly to coat each breast.
Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, and cooked through.
Top with cheeses (optional) and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 3-4 additional minutes.
Serve immediately over spiralized zucchini noodles (I toss my zucchini in a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, for about 3 minutes before serving)
Garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes for a little kick!
Get a FREE 25 Oz Jar of Thrive Market Tomato Basil Tomato Sauce! Hurry, supplies LIMITED so act now!
Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, No-added Sugar, No Artificial Ingredients, and tastes delicious.