ğ«Â Flourless-Moist-Gooey-SIMPLE, & NO added refined sugar!
These actually are REALLY good—chickpeas & all!
Made another batch with my kids ğ¬ğ this afternoon!
Makes 16 bars
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans /chickpeas, rinsed well (find bpa free can if possible)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrupÂ or raw honey
- 1.5 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate Â chips- I love lily’s brand sweetened with stevia available at Cleanfoodcrush.com/lilys
- Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas with paper towels.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8×8â brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add in all of the ingredients – except the chocolate chips.
- Process until just smooth. Add in the chips and pulse for just a second until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to your pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes – they may look underdone, but DO NOT over bake – that will dry them out.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before removing and slicing into 16 bars. ğ