Holiday baking is in full swing at my house!
The freezer is now stocked with THESE DELICIOUS festive cookies!
I’m happy when the kids choose these because I used all natural, high-quality ingredients.
Great energy snack for children and adults!
Makes about 22 cookies
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I used dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice, found at the health food store)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks, or chips (I bought an organic dark chocolate bar, and broke it into small pieces)
- 1 cup all natural almond butter, room temp
- 2 whole eggs, room temp
- 1/3 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Whisk oats, baking soda, and sea salt in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chopped almonds, cranberries, and chocolate pieces.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl – mix well, until creamy and smooth.
- Using a spatula, add wet ingredients to dry oat mixture. Combine well.
- (For best results; refrigerate dough, for an hour or two before baking. Covered)
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined in parchment.
- Bake at 350f until edges begin to brown about 11-12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
These cookies store well in the freezer, when sealed in a container for up to 2 weeks. (They are delicious eaten frozen too!)