Cranberry Almond Oat Cookies
Holiday baking is in full swing at my house!
The freezer is now stocked with THESE DELICIOUS festive cookies!
I’m happy when the kids choose these because I used all natural, high-quality ingredients.
Great energy snack for children and adults!
Makes about 22 cookies
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I used dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice, found at the health food store)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks, or chips (I bought an organic dark chocolate bar, and broke it into small pieces)
- 1 cup all natural almond butter, room temp
- 2 whole eggs, room temp
- 1/3 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
Whisk oats, baking soda, and sea salt in large mixing bowl.
Stir in chopped almonds, cranberries, and chocolate pieces.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl – mix well, until creamy and smooth.
Using a spatula, add wet ingredients to dry oat mixture. Combine well.
(For best results; refrigerate dough, for an hour or two before baking. Covered)
Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined in parchment.
Bake at 350f until edges begin to brown about 11-12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
These cookies store well in the freezer, when sealed in a container for up to 2 weeks. (They are delicious eaten frozen too!)