Creamy Chicken and Summer Squash
Made WITHOUT using any DAIRY or GRAINS! (and it’s REALLY GOOD!).
I used coconut cream & almond flour in place of the traditional heavy cream & flour.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 small yellow squash, chopped bite-size
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut, or olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Heat 2 Tbsps oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts and dredge in the almond flour, pressing lightly to coat.
Place the chicken breasts in the hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil then add onions, mushrooms, and squash.
Sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Turn the heat to medium-low. Add broth & cream.
Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium-low heat.
Add spinach, & let the sauce gently bubble for about 3-4 minutes.
Slice cooked chicken breasts and add back into the pan along with all of the pre-cooked veggies.
Combine gently, cover and let rest (with the heat off for about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.