Sweet & Spicy Cucumber Mango Wraps
A little spicy a little sweet …one of those Summertime Dinner ideas everyone LOVES because they get to add their own toppings!
Makes about 3-4 Servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, or grass-fed beef
- 1-2 Tbsps homemade hoisin sauce (recipe for hoisin below)
- 2 Tbsps plus 1 tsp Braggs liquid aminos, or Coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice, or apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1-2 heads Boston lettuce leaves, or other favorite lettuce to use as wraps
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into thin strips
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
Homemade Hoisin Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Braggs liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsps all-natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp all-natural honey
- 2 tsps rice vinegar
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp miso paste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the meat and cook, breaking it up until browned – 6-7 minutes.
Stir in the hoisin, 2 tablespoons of the liquid aminos, and the Sriracha.
For the Dressing:
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, the remaining teaspoon of aminos, & ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Finally: Divide the cooked meat, cucumber, mango, cilantro, and peanuts among lettuce wraps.
These are great to set out for a party, allowing guests to make their own.
Drizzle with dressing if desired.