Perfectly balanced – DELICIOUS meal idea!
Makes about 6 servings
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 2 pounds ground grass-fed beef or lamb
- sea salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps organic tomato paste
- 2 Tbsps apple cider, or red wine vinegar
Gently combine the following ingredients & keep warm in separate pan:
- 3 cups COOKED quinoa
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 cups fresh crisp cucumber, diced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 6 oz fresh high-quality feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add the meat, salt & pepper to taste, and cook until browned – about 10 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan, and set aside. Lower heat to medium and saute the onions, about 3 minutes. Add the oregano and garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the vinegar, stir, then add the meat back in. Combine meat mixture well.
For EACH serving:
In 6 separate bowls:
- Add 1/2 cup of quinoa mixture
- 4-5 oz meat
- 1 cup diced cucumber and tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsps red onion
- 1 oz feta cheese
Prepare a few servings for future meal prep + store in your fridge!