Bright filling fresh salad bowls to start the New Year right!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves not stems, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 oz chopped fresh red leaf or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- Organic blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender & process until smooth.
- Place shrimp in a ziploc bag then add 4 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes (no longer.)
- Reserve remaining dressing (untouched by raw shrimp) for salad dressing.
- After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with avocado, olive oil or nonstick spray then saute, for 2 minutes a side, or until just cooked through.
- Discard remaining marinade that touches the raw shrimp.
- Divide lettuce evenly between bowls then top with avocados, tomatoes, shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips, then drizzle dressing to serve.