Honey-Lime Shrimp Bowls with Homemade Clean Dressing
Bright filling fresh salad bowls to start the New Year right!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves not stems, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 oz chopped fresh red leaf or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- Organic blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender & process until smooth.
Place shrimp in a ziploc bag then add 4 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes (no longer.)
Reserve remaining dressing (untouched by raw shrimp) for salad dressing.
After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with avocado, olive oil or nonstick spray then saute, for 2 minutes a side, or until just cooked through.
Discard remaining marinade that touches the raw shrimp.
Divide lettuce evenly between bowls then top with avocados, tomatoes, shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips, then drizzle dressing to serve.