Have you seen this stuff circulating the Internet?
There is a GOOD reason for it…it’s so SIMPLE, and seriously YUM!
How much better will we feel serving THIS to the kids all Summer instead of the chemical/dye-filled slushies?
The recipe that’s circulating the internet calls for too much honey…mine was delicious even without any. Just find a very ripe, sweet melon. The flavor comes from the honeydew!
- 5 cups very sweet honeydew melon (about 1 honeydew), cubed
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey (if your melon is sweet enough you can skip the honey like I did!)
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- Place the melon into the freezer and freeze the honeydew overnight, or 6-8 hours.
(I put the cubes in 2 small ziplocs, but you could use a reusable container)
- Once frozen solid, let sit on the counter for about 2 minutes to break the frozen pieces apart…but you still want the melon very frozen.
- Place the frozen honeydew into a high speed blender, or food processor, along with the lemon juice, honey, and water, and pulse until the honeydew becomes smooth.
- You may need to stop the blender to stir several times to get it completely incorporated.
- You’ll have a soft sorbet when it’s ready.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 10 days.