Jump to recipe..
Lemon Pepper Chicken & Kale Stir Fry
Dinner is on the table within 25 minutes 🙌 😍 😋 🌱 🍋 🍗
Makes 6 servings
- 3 Tbsps avocado or extra virgin olive oil plus an additional 1 tablespoon oil. (divided)
- 3-4 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice (I love lots of lemon! Adjust to your taste.)
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 bunches lacinato kale, ribs removed and sliced into strips
In a large bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsps cup oil, lemon juice, pepper, and zest.
Toss cut chicken (in medium glass bowl) with marinade and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and begin to caramelize onions, stirring 2 minutes.
Turn heat down to low and cook onions to golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
Turn heat back up to medium high, toss in chicken with marinade and cook chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through.
Two minutes before chicken is finished cooking, add sliced kale, and toss to cook.