Dinner is on the table within 25 minutes ????????????
Makes 6 servings
- 3 Tbsps avocado or extra virgin olive oil plus an additional 1 tablespoon oil. (divided)
- 3-4 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice (I love lots of lemon! Adjust to your taste.)
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 bunches lacinato kale, ribs removed and sliced into strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsps cup oil, lemon juice, pepper, and zest.
- Toss cut chicken (in medium glass bowl) with marinade and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and begin to caramelize onions, stirring 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and cook onions to golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn heat back up to medium high, toss in chicken with marinade and cook chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Two minutes before chicken is finished cooking, add sliced kale, and toss to cook.
- Serve immediately.