One-pan Mediterranean Chicken
Simple enough for a weeknight- DELICIOUS enough for Sunday company!
Makes about 5 servings
- 6 Skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jar or fresh diced tomatoes with juice, (16 ounces)
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsps capers
- 2 Tbsps anchovy paste (seriously! adds major flavor!)
- 2 Tbsps fresh thyme
Preheat the oven at 350 f.
Heat a large oven-safe skillet, add oil and the chicken thighs, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste – sear until golden on both sides. Set chicken aside on a plate.
In the same skillet, add the sliced onions, chopped garlic and anchovy and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the olives, diced tomatoes and thyme. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Place the chicken over the sauce in your skillet, cover with a lid and bake at 350f, for about 50 minutes, or just until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve hot.