These are sooo good! If you’re an eggplant fan – TRY!
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the eggplants into 0.5 inch thick pieces (on length), brush with a little oil, season with a pinch of sea salt andย pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile place the dried tomatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic and tomato sauce (keep the cherry tomatoes separately from the sauce whole to top up the pizza) in a food processor. Pulse until you have a smooth paste, about 1 minute.
- Once cooked through, spread some of the dried tomatoes paste on top of the eggplant slices, following with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil leaves and a sprinkling of dried oregano.
- Return the baking tray to the oven for a further 5 minutes, until the mozzarella is melty.