Mini Eggplant Pizza Bites
Perfect Weekend Clean Eating Treats!
I promise they really satisfy those pizza cravings!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large, or 2 medium eggplants, sliced into ¼ inch rounds (keep the skins on)
- Sea salt
- Minced garlic, or garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup high quality, no-sugar addded marinara
- 1/3 cup organic, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with avocado oil.
Arrange eggplant slices on the baking sheets.
Season eggplant with salt, and garlic (if using).
Spoon marinara sauce in the center of each eggplant slice.
Sprinkle cheese evenly, on top of the marinara sauce.
Bake the eggplant pizzas for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and scatter the shredded basil on top.
Season with pepper to taste.