Healthy Homemade PB Energy Bars
It’s feeling a bit cooler in the evenings, which makes me start thinking of Fall (gasp!)?, and afternoon snacks for the kids…These are a great energy source, & SO SIMPLE!
Makes 20-24 bars/servings
- 2 cups (dry) oatmeal (I used gluten-free thick cut oats)
- 1 and 1/3 cups coconut flakes (Let’s Do Organic is my favorite brand!)
- 1 cup peanut, almond, or other nut butter (Pick your favorite!)
- 1 cup fresh ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional, I used Lily’s brand sweetened with stevia)
- 2/3 cup raw honey (Buy a local honey)
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl until very thoroughly mixed.
Press mixture very firmly into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Place in freezer for approx. 1 hour, then slice into bars/squares with a sharp knife.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week
Alternately, you can roll into balls of about 1″ in diameter.
Place on a cookie sheet & Freeze one hour.
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 36 balls.
Want to share this recipe with a friend?
Pin to Pinterest: